permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Broadminded thinking?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Broadminded thinking?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:03:06 -0600

We use the clear to burn it out then sheetmulch with at least a foot of
mulch of different materials, and it don't come back. I guess you will just
have to come see for your self. jerome ps just pulled a basket this
morning for the rabbits, sure glad I did not get rid if it all.
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>

----------
>From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
>To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
>Subject: Re: [permaculture] Broadminded thinking?
>Date: Thu, Apr 11, 2002, 1:38 PM
>

> Ive used clear too, Ive used carpeting, cardboard, ... since the roots are
down to
> the clay subsoil 18 inches deep only hand removal has been successful.
>
> Jerome Osentowski wrote:
>
>> Not black, but clear plastic.
>> >

>> > Ive left black plastic over quack grass areas for several years & still
it'll
>> grow
>> > back within a month or two. the only way we remove it here is by hand.
Ive
>> read
>> > numerous accounts that a pig tractor does wonders for removing quack
>> > grass
but