permaculture - Re: [permaculture] free-range chicken farming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "HS" <wal@pc.jaring.my>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] free-range chicken farming
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:53:24 +0800

Hello, one acre - chances are you are not going to practice all - in, all - out.  If that is the case, I would do the following:
1. quarantine new chicks
2. have a vaccination program - find out what is endemic in your locality and vaccinate accordingly.
3. from quarantine brooder, move them to a "growing-out" coop before releasing into pasture.

Regards

HS

Find out about sustainable living at my site:
www.sustainablelivingcentre.com
Learn about the most important chicken in the world:
www.junglefowl.org