permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Broadminded thinking?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rick Valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Broadminded thinking?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:51:56 -0700

> From: UrthMomma@aol.com
> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:30:13 EST
> To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: Re: [permaculture] Broadminded thinking?
>
> Currently, it seems to take less human hours to turn turf into garden space
> using glyphosphates, but also consider the sheet composting/mulching method,
> which requires forethought at the end of the prior growing season and adds
>
> humus and soil building.

Why "forethought at the end of the prior growing season"? I get the best
results sheet mulching in mid to late spring, and planting immediately.
Forethought in gathering all the materials and having large seed and small
transplants ready, but it's much more effective than a fall-laid sheet
compost.
-Rick