permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Songbirds & Spiders

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: 1earth permaculture <permaculture1@start.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Songbirds & Spiders
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:24:53 +1000

Songbirds & spiders add to the growing list of signs of a healthy
garden ~ bees butterflys dragonflys ladybirds mantis lizards snakes
frogs & worms.

Spiders are great in the garden but not in the house please ~ they
bite. Spiders & frogs come in my house plants and they can stay there
;^)

The perfumed plants to attract the butterflys are easy to grow - we've
just had a hatching of thousands of butterflys which the lizards
liked. The sea winds have truncated our native bottlebrush which the
parrots love, and the bush provides shelter for some potted herbs.

The songbirds from our hinterland rainforest arrive on the beach
around 9am which is civilised of them. The sea eagles that lived on
Yaroomba beach haven't returned since they fled when the Hyatt Regency
Coolum tourist resort next door held the CHOGM Commonwealth Heads of
Government Meeting in March, literally a military invasion. Mmmm, I
better go check on those nests, CYA Marcus