permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rex Teague" <DibbleGardens@bigfoot.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:17:41 +1200
On 18 Feb 02, permed@nor.com.au wrote:

> I think the composting toilet system you're refering to is the
> Dowmus - it can be either a wet (flushing) or dry composting loo
> and also takes greywater - the liquid drains out and leaves the
> solids to be dealt with by worms - don't have any web references
> sorry - It was a commercially available unit here in Australia -
> changed ownership, went broke and recently someone told me they'd
> started up again so I'm not really sure what their current status
> is. Robyn

My plan is to install such a system. Can you Robyn or maybe another
Australian list member put me in touch with any Dowmus
owners/users?

Are they being used in Tasmania? My reservation is our cooler New
Zealand - South Island temperate climate may slow the composting
process excessively and the liquid content will turn it anaerobic. 8-]

Cheerio... Rex