permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Felicity Wright <flickwright@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Worms eat my crap?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:06:24 +0000

If you're interested in composting toilets and worms it is worth
visiting the Nature Loo website. It's also an Australian brand and is
one of the cheapest on the market and has a range of three alternatives
depending upon 'visitation' and budget. The site address:
www.nature-loo.com.au

We are in the process of buying their mini stand alone model ('oh no,
that's just a bucket, mum!' say the kids) so we can stick it straight in
the existing toilet space and trial the system for ourselves. When the
base is full you swap it for another and leave the original one to
compost - plus worms, they recommend. You can buy as many additional
chambers as you need/want at the cost of less than $150Aus each. They
have two more models that have chambers below ground.

We've just got The Composting Toilet System Book by David Del Porto &
Carol Steinfeld publised by the Centre for Ecological Pollution
Prevention in Massachusetts. It looks at the principle of how a system
works and then describes specific systems on the market - their
advantages and disadvantages. They only mention Nature Loo and don't
have an appraisal.

Any feedback from Nature Loo users?

cheers
flick