permaculture - Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: MABOYD5@aol.com
  • To: <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <maboydm@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 12:58:01 EST

I saw some of Maria Thun's research presented at a conference held at
Kimberton Village in PA (home to the BD Assoc of America) about 10 years ago.
Slides, graphs, reports, at least some was in English...also some research
done on the effects of the BD preps used on forests and soils impacted by
drift from Chernobyl.

As a zen shiatsu practitioner, I would also like to add a plug, along the
lines of how does one "prove" having intuition, to the power of intent and
attitude, which may not ever be "scientifically" measurable. "Tests" have
shown measurable electric current, for example, during craniosacral (massage)
treatments, but does this mean that such tx always work? What role do the
intents and the expectations of giver and receiver play, and what if the
"measurable" results take place gradually, incrementally, some physically,
some emotionally, etc., and perhaps over a time span that most experimental
research would miss? Or if we prescribe what constitutes measurable results,
what breadth of profound and essential "qualitative" impact might we not even
see? And if not open to something happening, do we at some level prevent it
altogether?