permaculture - Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:36:42 -0500

Keller wrote : and all of them ( studies) have shown
> that these (homeopathic) preparations do not have any effect exceeding a
placebo's.

Andreas, I'm currently taking the Biodyanmic course in N.Y - The Steiner
people get this thrown at them even more than we do. Steiner's philosophy
that there is "no matter without spirit" is ripe for scientific bashing,
let's be honest. Mind you, they have all kinds of numbers/stas on the
success of their homopathic field sprays....

Furthermore, double blind tests of conventional drugs also show about the
same rates of success as the placebo, does that therefore "prove" that those
drugs don't work ?

Does my not being able to "prove" that I have intuition mean I don't have
intuition?

Does Science's inability to detect "Chi energy" mean that people who feel
Acupuncture's benfits are deluded ?

Keller wrote: This leads to irrational
> thinking and acting, and that is dangerous.

For a scathing critique of just where rationalism has got us, I reccommend
either looking around, or "Voltaire's Bastards"

.....Like the wise man once said : Let's lose our heads and come to our
senses !

Claude