permaculture - Re: permaculture trademark alert

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Graham Burnett" <gb0063551@cableinet.co.uk>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: permaculture trademark alert
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 02:30:17 +0100

Not entirely sure how it's healthy for one individual, albeit ONE of the
founders, to assert ownership of an idea in such an aggressive way as has

been recounted by Robyn, Toby, Scott, David (who ALSO cofounded) and others,
especially after 25 years or so of stating that the concept is free and open
to all to build upon.

At the end of the day I'm afraid Permaculture is far too diverse and organic
a concept for anybody to get a definitive handle on, Uncle Bill is onto a
loser even if he's a winner (if you know what I mean...)

Would he be insisting that UK PC teachers also follow designers manual
curiculum to the letter? Swales & bunyips arn't that relevant in Central
London- community development and Peoplecare however are, and we've all
probably moved on from Bill's terse overviews and generalisations in the
DM!!! (but then again we're just bunch of co-counsellors over here...)

Just polished off a bottle of home made wine so I hope i havn't just made an
unhelpful contribution above!!!

Ah, you know how it is! If you can't be pissed off sometimes arn't you
losing some humanity???

Cheers

Graham Burnett
35 Rayleigh Avenue
Westcliff On Sea
Essex
SS0 7DS
NOW AVAILABLE; 'PERMACULTURE- A Beginner's Guide' £5.00 inc P&P
go to http://pages.unisonfree.net/gburnett/landlib/flyer/ for info...

Land & Liberty http://www.landandliberty.co.uk
My artwork http://pages.unisonfree.net/gburnett/landlibpic/
Our Garden http://pages.unisonfree.net/gburnett/Garden/