permaculture - Re: Permaculture's Point

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: blissv@nmhu.campus.mci.net
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture's Point
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:27:28 -0800 (PST)

>Pretty fancy verbal dancing, there. What do your Permaculture designs look
>like?
>I had a friend, dead now, who used to say to groups: Don't tell me about
>your
>philosophy unless it grows corn?
>
>Whether the universe will expand forever or contract is controversial among
>people who are actually informed on such matters. Either way, people and
>permaculture will be long since extinct. The question is whether we extend
>past the next decade or maybe for another few thousand years. Permaculture
>can limit, if not solve, the problem of an early extinction.

Yes, I am a dancer, Dan... perceptive of you. A part of my work is as a
dancer, and writer, transformative healing teaching work. I live the bounty
of what I learn.

It's a riot to me that you ask what my Permaculture designs look like, as if
that is relevant other than your use of it in a scathing way. I love
permaculture and all it has brought to my life. I didn't think one had to be
a great designer to be on this list.

It's going to take a lot more than a limited version of Permaculture to get
us where we need to get.

I don't like engaging with your hitting below the belt way of communicating.
We have had these encounters in the past and it is not the way I operate in
the world.

My 'philosophy' grows corn all around me, through and through within me, in
the loving, plentiful life of harmony I experience moment to moment. It is
my joy to share with people in a growing, transforming way that I trust will
have great benefit on the planet. It is my directive to fuel and support
others, not undercut and demean. After all, what is more important than a
person's heart and soul?