permaculture - Re: Permaculture's Point

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Elfpermacl@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Permaculture's Point
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:30:31 EST

<<The point is -not- to suppress views or to say that black and white are the
same, rather exactly what you earlier stated, together they form one pulsing
whole, energized by the nature of their polarities, inter-related, the
yin/yang forming one whole circle of life. That is what "Both", implies to
me rather than *Yes and No are rarely if ever "both right." That is
foolishness. * There must be a place in permaculture for expanding cosmology
or it will become extinct.>>

Pretty fancy verbal dancing, there. What do your Permaculture designs look
like?
I had a friend, dead now, who used to say to groups: Don't tell me about your
philosophy unless it grows corn?

Whether the universe will expand forever or contract is controversial among
people who are actually informed on such matters. Either way, people and
permaculture will be long since extinct. The question is whether we extend
past the next decade or maybe for another few thousand years. Permaculture
can limit, if not solve, the problem of an early extinction.