permaculture - Re: comfrey tendencies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Miekal And <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: comfrey tendencies
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:15:16 +0100

thanks to you all that have had suggestions about comfrey

a point of clarification - i'm in Wisonsin szone 4 (first snowshower of
the season last night!) and the site zone i'm putting the comfrey in is
either 2 or 3. We've just planted a bunch in our nut orchard which right
now is a field of grasses with the trees poking out above. Did a range
with proximity to the trees, some close in (2-3 ft)on the edge of the
surrounding mulch, then the rst further away as landfmark or space
fillers. We just heeled em in - ave. 3in root portions from a vibrant 5
yr old patch. see if they make it up thru the sod come spring.
-hether-
Dreamtime Village website: http://net22.com/dreamtime
QAZINGULAZA: And/Was/Wakest website:
http://net22.com/qazingulaza