permaculture - comfrey tendencies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Miekal And <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture@listserv.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: comfrey tendencies
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 19:22:24 +0100

For anyone in the know,

I'm wondering about the extent of the invasive tendencies with comfrey
in a zone 2-3 situation. I'd like to use it as living and cut mulch and
have heard mention of people interspersing it all over in close to the
dwelling forest gardens. am confident about safe use of it as a lower
story in orchards. but i'd like to try it closer in, among our expanse
of beds (annuals and perrenials) that were planted in a field of quack
grass - to define the beds and pathways, and to start filling in
against the quack and thistles.
Anyone with helpful speculation about comfrey as a mulch plant or border
definer in a water abundant zone 4 situation please respond.

cheers

hether
--
Dreamtime Village website: http://net22.com/dreamtime