percy-l - Re: [percy-l] gay marriage

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: LTberrywtr AT aol.com
  • To: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] gay marriage
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:35:35 EDT

Jim -
Small world. When did you go to USF? I graduated from there in '64, when
USF had fewer buildings than it has campuses now, and most literature
professors were merely dotty. Some even liked and cared about literature,
rather than
politics, which is all most of them seem to care about now.
I also made it through a Tampa childhood without AC, though, looking
back, I'm not sure how. I guess when you're really young, you don't know that
you're hot (not to mention sticky from the humidity). It sure became obvious
later.
Well yes, post-everything is here to stay, though its popularity, as with
most things, will ebb and flow. And of course most people makes choice on the
basis of a variety of things far short of rationality. But that doesn't mean
I have to buy nonsense just because others do. As a freelance writer, one of
the ways I deal with the post-everything world is to making fun of it, as I'm
getting an opportunity to with this bunch. It amuses me, and helps me avoid
legitimate work.
Cheers,
-- Larry