percy-l - Re: [percy-l] marriage

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: Tim Cole <tcole AT adobe.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] marriage
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:58:13 -0700

Title: Re: [percy-l] marriage

I don't think the postmodern agenda is so much to liberate words from fixed meanings as it is to liberate "us" from the prejudice that either words or their referents have fixed meanings   -- all is flux.

It’s this ‘prejudice’ that enable us to articulate or communicate anything at all, don’t  you think? And I think that the targeted way in which these ‘prejudices’ are being challenged indicates a larger political agenda, and not a detached, purely academic
strategy.