percy-l - Re: [percy-l] gay marriage

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "James Piat" <piat1 AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] gay marriage
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:04:28 -0400

Dear Larry,

I grew up in south Florida -- sans air conditioning - and sans certainty.
I agree there are few atheist in the foxholes but there sure are a suprising
number of professed believers in the ER -- especially when there is so
little scientific evidence that all those by pass operations actually do
extend life. But then again -- for most of us our choices are determine not
by the so called facts but by what we are told by the opinion makers.
Ours is a post modern world -- now roll up those sleeves, get real and deal
with it. Good heavens.

Hey, I graduated (finally) from good ole USF back in the day when a man's
word meant something --- now I'm too old to remember what is was we all
meant.

As they say in the hood -- it's all good.

Best,
Jim Piat