pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Eden 0.1.3 release

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Eden 0.1.3 release
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:31:26 -0600

Lawrence F. London, Jr. writes:
> Plants For A Future wrote:
>
> > But I definiatle think that ammassing a list of standard searches
> > is a good thing to do right now. I'd like to propose all the searches on
> > the pages
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/D_canned.html
> > D_edib.html D_med.html D_other.html
>
> That is really a nice feature. Can this be transferred to PIW?

Yes and no. The PFAF and Eden engines have very different formats so
itis the sort of thing that would have to be set up. Here is an
example of both of them looking for woodland:

<http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/find_gen?WORD=woodland&CAN=can>

<http://permaculture.info/cgi-bin/eden?search=woodland&button=Search+PIW>

It would be easy enough to write a script to search for every word in
a list of words.