pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Industrial Ecology for the Disbelievers

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Industrial Ecology for the Disbelievers
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 04:45:16 -0800

Stephanie Gerson wrote:

As far as applying IE to HG. Well. Remember how I keep emphasizing that I want the message to match the medium - both frontend and backend? And if the message is about webs and relationships, the medium should embody them too. So:

Frontend = webs/relationships = GBI, groxis, whatever else someone (please?) researches that is similar in UI to what are trying to do

- Job I -
Webs and relationships are data, information, text information. First and
foremost that
needs to be delivered to the user, even if it is in its most basic form,
text, presented
in a website using XHTML, etc. (lists, paragraphs, graphical data, with
checkboxes,
search forms and more to refine the quality of the data presented).
This large task needs to be accomplished first.
- Job II -
A fancy front end transforming this data with a GBI or something else
represents a step beyond,
a whole other project for HG, something funding should be procured for
separately.

I say this because Job I seems to be such an immense project, the heart of
HG, without which Job II
(which could be farmed out to some other entity) cannot be accomplished.

Just a thought.