pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Synth, comments, etc
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:21:49 -0800

CAPS AGAIN, I'M RESUMING MY FLING...

=

Aloha,

> ARGH! My brain is burning! Seriously though, sometimes I wonder it
> is possible to represent a web of relationships on computer that is
> large enough to be meaningful. Every element has so many
> possible relationships, is it possible to get them all and will it be
> helpful if we can't. Not sure myself, but I'm committed to try.

WHAT IF WE HAD DIFFERENT LEVELS OF ZOOM, WHERE USERS COULD ZOOM IN AND
OUT OF WEBS? OF COURSE, THAT WOULD REQUIRE *A LOT* OF CONTENT. PLUS,
WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE BEWTEEN ZOOMS?

In some form of "advanced search" UI, the user can specify what
relationships or types of relationships are (most) relevant to their
search.

It could be useful to solicit this information ASAP for design purposes
too.
What are the most wanted relationships, according to our potential users?
Then work on implementing/managing those first...

THIS IS WHY I KEEP PUSHING FOR ANNOUNCING OURSELVES PUBLICLY. WE COULD
GET A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT OUR AUDIENCE WANTS! WHAT DO YOU ALL SAY?

*S