pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [re][synthesis]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [re][synthesis]
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:52:59 -0700

Richard Morris wrote:

One thing I've though of to help using the wiki to record
decisions etc

I've created a wiki page

http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/Decision%20pages?action=edit

where we can record decisions about various aspects.

The way it works is very simple, just put your name next to the
option you prefer.

I've put two decisions namely the name we go under and the license we use for datasets (hopefuly we all agree on gpl or cc-gpl for code).

Don't know if this is a good way to organise things.
What do you think?

This will work well.

As for project name: isn't HG going to involve into a DB with more then just
plant information,
certainly guild info fairly early on. Or is it to be mainly a plant db with
additional info fields added
to broaden the spectrum of permaculture information delivered by HG.

So it it to be a plant db

or mainly a plant db with lots of other related PC info

or a broad spectrum permaculture database

or will there be a plant db, a guild db and a general pc db

if pcplantdb or openplant is engraved in stone the name along may limit
visibility of the project

Why not pcdb or permacultureDB?

I will copy & paste these suggestions into Rich's wikipage (can be edited or
deleted as needed)