pcdb - [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:51:18 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:01:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>

--- "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net> wrote:
If we created a domain (.org, .net, .info) they
might host that. If it was simple web hosting of a
filesystem then that is what they do.

Can we edit the httpd.conf file? Do they use sshd?

With an ibiblio account you have Linux access and
can install software and they can help by doing
things for you that need done on a higher, server
admin, level.

Do they allow sever admin level access to the host?
Would we create our own logins, or do we depend on
them for that? Do we get the "root" password or even
sudo?

What is your Permaculture web hosting cooperative
about?

See ibiblio Permacultureinfo list, March 2005. I
don't want a "my" coop, I want an "our" coop.

-Sean.