pcdb - [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:07:56 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:54:32 -0800
From: Paul Cereghino <paul.cereghino@comcast.net>

Public domain PDF's could be linked within -- ( I disagree about this
aspect. External linking can be painful.....no compelling reasons to
rely on other people maintaining data that)

My poor communication... I would not suggest external links, rather
archive technical references and link internally. Another function for
the 'project' could be a dynamic interface for browsing a PDF document
archive using keywords. A finite hierarchy of keywords could both tag
PDF's and provide a structure for a wiki-like dynamic information
system. The wiki-like system could provide the front end -- the living
summarization -- of the technical backend built of available documents,
case studies, personal research reports, etc.

] I once had a professor who always gave us profound essay questions and ] then limited the response to two pages double spaced 12 point font. It
This is what academicians do for fun in their twilight years, eh?

:) ahh... but she practiced the discipline she talked... she didn't want
us wasting her time pontificating... nor did she waste our time...