pcdb - [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pcdb] [Fwd: Re: [permaculture] database, wiki, blogs, forums, etc]
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:55:52 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:04:26 +1100
From: jedd <jedd@progsoc.org>

On Monday 18 December 2006 7:01 am, Sean Maley wrote:
] Can we edit the httpd.conf file? Do they use sshd?

Hi Sean,

All that stuff is easy to offer if we have a xen machine -- something
I've been meaning to set up on my server here for a while. It really
isn't all that hard to do, by all accounts.

I don't think that once we get to the point of needing an
environment that we'll have any difficulty in getting access
to one.

As much as I like to crank up vi and a web browser and then design
the system on the fly, this is definitely too big, with too many
obvious (and worse, non-obvious) pitfalls to wander into, to
consider such an approach on, IMO. IOW I think it's probably
a very healthy thing we don't have SVN going yet.

Jedd.