nafex - Re: [nafex] Mulberry commercial potentials

  • From: <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Mulberry commercial potentials
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 00:04:59 -0500

The Zehrs (Loblaws) supermarket chain in Ontario often has litre bottles of black mulbery juice at around $8.50. It's delicious. If memory serves it comes from Iran but I am not quite sure about that.

I have read that in old times in Afghanistan, dried mulberries were a staple food. The Bulk Barn chain here sells them sometimes. I haven't been overly impressed with the flavour. I suspect they may be different cultivars or strains from those grown for fresh eating.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario