nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear recommendations for a single home tree?

  • From: Sherlock Terry <sherlocksmith@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear recommendations for a single home tree?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:10:11 -0400

Clapp's Favorite is pretty common around here (central VT). It is even grown commercially low spray by few local orchards which makes me think it is productive and possibly easy to manage. I think it is a good pear for fresh eating, but I'm not a pear aficionado. It can be pretty good sized (larger than the other local pears I've been seeing) and it has relatively few grit cells.

-Sherlock