nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seckel pear flavor

  • From: "Judson Frisk" <jlfrisk@iowatelecom.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seckel pear flavor
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:45:52 -0500

I don't have Comice but do have a Seckel pear. It does have a very good
flavor once it has softened. I dehydrate most of my pears for snacks and
find it a very flavorful dried pear but it does take a lot of those little
pears to fill a dehydrator. I also have a Warren pear and a Maxine pear
which have larger pears but don't set on a good annual crop like Seckel
does. Judson L. Frisk SW Iowa zone 5.
The Warren pear took about 10 years before I got any crop.