nafex - [NAFEX] ID for Disease on Flemish Beauty pears

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ID for Disease on Flemish Beauty pears
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:40:29 -0500

These photos are posted on the NAFEX facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10150251817070102

The black spots almost look like anthracnose to me, but I know almost
nothing about pome fruit diseases. Later in the season the diseased
pears dry up & have big cracks running thru them. When I explained it
to Bob Purvis, he thought it sounded like boron deficiency. Or
possibly there could be more than one thing going on. Also any
suggestions on organic controls. I still haven't tasted any fruit off
these trees....

~mIEKAL