nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ID for Disease on Flemish Beauty pears

  • From: John Barbowski <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ID for Disease on Flemish Beauty pears
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:01:58 -0400

*A couple of years ago I referenced a somewhat similar malady on my Clapps
Favourite pear. I referred the photos to NAFEX but got no response. My
infected pears rarely develop beyond one inch in diameter. They just go
black and shrivel up. I recall opening the infection and vaguelly recall a
small larva - but could find nothing on the INet - hence the NAFEX message.
This has occurred again this year; 90% of the pears are gone. Last year, I
had a good crop. I do have occasional splitting in some of the pears, but
nothing consistent.

The picks for the black spots are #'s 7, 8 and 9 on the Photobucket link. A
split line may be seen in photos 4 and 5.

john b*
*
http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/JBarbowski/ClappsPears/?action=view&current=more383.jpg#!oZZ13QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs217.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc149%2FJBarbowski%2FClappsPears%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dmore383.jpg<http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/JBarbowski/ClappsPears/?action=view&current=more383.jpg#%21oZZ13QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs217.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc149%2FJBarbowski%2FClappsPears%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dmore383.jpg>

*