nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sawdust Mulching, now tree protection

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sawdust Mulching, now tree protection
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:43:43 -0700 (PDT)

The 'whitewash' northerners use to prevent sunscald is supposed to help
discourage mice (my grafts/seedlings weren't painted...). Mix half and half
water with white low VOC interior latex paint and spray on trunks. I'm sure
this is not certifiable organic, anyone have a better recipe to share?

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB