nafex - Re: [NAFEX] U Saskatchewan dwarf sour cherries

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] U Saskatchewan dwarf sour cherries
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:38:22 -0800 (PST)

On the U. of S. website, they have a link to a PDF called "Availability of Sour Cherries in the US." It says that the US company, Gardens Alive, (which includes Fields and Gurneys) has done the huge amount of work to legally import some of these new cherry varieties to the US. As far as I know, they're only selling Carmine Jewel so far, not the other varieties. If anyone knows of a place in the US selling the other varieties, could you give me a link?

Considering how new these cherries are, I don't think anyone can give ripening dates for places they haven't been grown yet. I'd guess they'd ripen earlier further south.

Melissa