nafex - Re: [NAFEX] yellow rust resistant Blackberry?

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] yellow rust resistant Blackberry?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:52:19 -0500

On Nov 29, 2010, at 9:38 PM, Caren Kirk wrote:

> By the way, I have a lot of wild blackberry in my woods that fruit. Do you
> have any growing in your area (sorry I don't know whether or not it's
> native to the prairies)? Might give you an idea if it's feasible.

Speaking of blackberries, I have a lot of wild blackberries, but they are all
infected with yellow rust, as are the weedy blackberries growing in all my
neighbor's yards. Does anyone have experience growing (domestic)
blackberries that are resistant to this? My raspberries do just fine, so I
think the conditions are otherwise good.

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6