nafex - [NAFEX] flavorful blackberries?

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] flavorful blackberries?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:53:33 -0800 (PST)

On the subject of blackberries, are there any really flavorful, aromatic ones
that are hardy in zone 5? All the blackberries I've tried have ranged from
pretty good to very sour yet flavorless, unlike raspberries, which range from
very good to exquisitely aromatic. Am I missing something here? Why would
anyone grow blackberries when they could grow raspberries instead?

Melissa
zone 5, central NY, where the squirrels are still feasting on my green
strawberries.