nafex - [NAFEX] Chester Thornless Blackberry

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Chester Thornless Blackberry
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:08:11 -0800 (PST)

I'm wondering if anyone out there grows or is familiar with the Chester
Thornless Blackberry and has any first hand info to share.

The Canadian company, T & T Seeds is offering it this year and they claim it
is zone 2/3 hardy. The old T & T Seeds was always a reliable and reputable
company, but I'm not so sure if their new management gets that same
endorsement from me anymore. Last year they sold me Silver Maples labeled as
Sugar Maples and the year before they argued with me (during a phone call to
their tree expert) that there was no difference between seedlings and grafts
from the famous Edmonton Capilano apricot.

www.ttseeds.com

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB