nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Sap Sugar Maples

  • From: hwpark@kahres.kendal.org
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sweet Sap Sugar Maples
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 19:05:44 -0400

I have been following the maple tree posts w/ interest.
Sarah is right on; the best time to plant was 20 years ago; or with sugar
maples 40 years ago.
We figure, w/o measuring, that a maple needs to be 30 to 40 years old to get
to the 10-12" dba to tap.
But it is never too late to start, and we all plant trees for the next
generation.

Hank Parker
hwpark@kahres.kendal.org