nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cold night

  • From: Maria Schumann <mariaschu@vtlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cold night
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:26:00 -0400

thanks Donna!
We did more research and decided not to spray the trees (or light bonfires). Lucky for us, it only got down to 25.5 degrees F. Most of the apple blossoms seem fine.... we hope. Young kiwis got burned (even with buckets and lots and lots of blankets over them) and our one plum looks like the blossoms were damaged. The young maples got badly burned by the frost-- never seen that before.