nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Treated stakes/ locust

  • From: Alan Yelvington <alany@semparpac.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Treated stakes/ locust
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:28:12 -0400

Not to sound pagan, but I'm stoking my boiler with black-locust right now.  It's the best firewood that can be had around here, and I use it when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to tend the fire all night long.

I have 50 seedlings on order from the Pennsylvania State Nursery for planing in my wood lot to ensure warm feet 20 or so years from now.

Yes, they do make the best fence posts and the like too.  I'm using them for trellis posts in my orchard.

Al Yelvington
Russell, PA