nafex - Re: [NAFEX] King of fruits? Cross cultural dislikes

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] King of fruits? Cross cultural dislikes
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:21:17 -0700 (PDT)

Even in Asia, there are mixed feelings about Durian - I lived in Malaysia for
a while and they don't all agree about it! I tried it only once, the flavor
isn't strong or bad once you get past the smell but I think you have to learn
to get past the smell, and why bother when there were so many other amazing
fruits available...

Perhaps compare it to Limberger and Lutefisk?

Lisa in Oregon