nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pruning Apricots

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pruning Apricots
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:33:40 -0500

Frost may have killed branches. Scratch the bark to see if it is
green under the bark. If the branches are thin, chances are the
branch is dead. Good luck. Unfortunately, apricots are really fussy
about where they will live. I have a Scout apricot which lived
through last Winter's -45 F. I am amazed it lived.