nafex - [NAFEX] pruning blackberries

  • From: growyourown@earthlink.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] pruning blackberries
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 21:28:20 -0400 (EDT)

Last year while on a road trip with Ed Fackler and I think Lee Sharp?, we
discussed pruning blackberries. They stated that you could prune blackberries
at around 4 feet and wouldnt have to trellis them. Nourse recommends tip
pruning around 42 inches. I must add I am talking about triple crown and
wauchita.
Now I know some folks on this list think Ed is the second coming and that
is fine but by his own admission he is a bullshitter. So I am asking the rest
of the list if they have used this method and if so what are the pros and
cons. One obvious one would be you wouldnt have to waste time and money on
trellising.

Mark