nafex - Re: [NAFEX] curing cancer with food

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] curing cancer with food
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:06:29 -0500

Rivka,
    I knew a number of people who went through chemotherapy for their cancer, and they are just as dead as the ones you knew who died after trying "food cures".
    There are some things that the doctors and the public should know about who gets cancer.  My husband and I have between us the 2 most common genetic diseases in America.  He has hemochromatosis, I have celiac disease.  People with hemochromatosis absorb more iron from their diet than normal people do.  1 in 7 Americans are carriers and absorb 50% more iron than normals.  1 in 200 have double genes for it and absorb 3x as much iron.  When the iron level reaches a certain point, the cancer rate goes through the roof.  I've not been able to convince anyone to get their iron saturation tested when they were first diagnosed.  Cancer cells MUST have iron to multiply.  Once chemo is started and the bone marrow is screwed up, I think it might be a bit harder to figure out what the test results mean.  One thing is for sure, when chemo makes the patient anemic, the last thing they should do is take iron supplements!!!
    Celiac disease is specifically associated with Lymphoma and colon cancer.  For those who react to gluten, it turns off their natural killer cells that attack cancers. I note it seems to be associated with female cancers, and that makes sense as it interferes with digestion and absorption.  With fluorine and chlorine in the water and bromine in the bread, iodine is outcompeted for absorption and transport.  A celiac's poor absorption just makes the situation worse.  When we were told that Japanese women don't get breast cancer and that it was the soy, that was wrong.  It was the fish and seaweed they eat - they get 100X as much iodine in their diet as Americans.  It takes iodine to break down estrogen.  Too much estrogen or estrogen mimics raise the chances of breast, uterine, etc. cancer.  I merely got nice benign fibroids, I was lucky.
    Anyway, remember the fad for a macrobiotic diet for cancer?  The weird thing is that it would have worked for both of these groups of cancer prone people.  The phytic acid in the brown rice is the same phytic acid that is extracted and sold as "IP6" and used by people with cancer to bring down their iron levels to slow cancer growth.  And as the diet includes no meat, the largest source of easily absorbable iron would be avoided.  For celiacs, the lack of wheat in the diet would allow the immune system to become more active and would take stress off the adrenals and liver.
Donna

P.S.  Lucky is right, it's not the fat in red meat that causes cancer.  It's the iron.  But if we knew who the 1 in 7 hemochromatosis carriers were, the rest of us could eat all the meat we liked.  My husband eats meat, not a lot, but I did finally stop using my beloved cast iron pans.