nafex - Re: [NAFEX] venom

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] venom
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 22:59:16 -0500

You know how enzymatic detergents are supposed to work? One end sticks to oil, the other to water? The physiology prof said that the proteolytic enzymes in snake venom had opposite charges on opposite ends to do their dirty work. But let me throw in a possible alternative explanation. We own a couple of "quack" devices that work by putting a static charge on the body. they are typically used for treating infection, whether it be parasites, bacteria or viruses. Besides whatever chemical approaches these organisms use to attack their host, they have to actually do some electrical docking to cells. The people who designed these two devices were Bob Beck and Hulda Clark. They made their discoveries completely separately via two totally different routes. Bob Beck read an article about how a wire lying across a petri dish inhibited growth of the colonies below it. Hulda Clark did radionics and her son decided to design and build a small portable battery operated device for her. These two people both published the plans for their devices so that no one would ever be able to patent them and thus deny them to the public. The FDA has shut down many a small business that made and sold these devices. My Hulda Clark "Zapper" was locally made by an amateur and sold to me. Our "Bioelectrifier" is a Bob Beck device just like the "Plant Growth Stimulator" that my DC friend ordered. It's hard for the FDA to do much about people who buy a "Plant Growth Stimulator" and voluntarily attach it to their own wrist or ankle. Oh, I guess you could use one to grow fruit, so this is on topic after all.
But back to electricity and molecules, a friend who worked in a radiation lab in the 1960's said that the strongest protectant from radiation was a strong electric charge on the cells. I suspect that such a charge could keep away charged particles and prevent free radical damage. In fact, there is a strong ionic difference between the inside and the outside of cells, which makes a cell a battery. If snake venom electrically attaches to human cells, perhaps fungus, bacteria and bugs also do something similar to plant cells. Maybe our most susceptible plants just need some kind of electrical protection from the critters. Donna