nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weather (Off topic)

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weather (Off topic)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

You are absolutely right. That carbon is now in the atmosphere. The oceans have largely stopped absorbing carbon because the coral is either dead or dying and can no longer turn atmospheric carbon into calcium carbonate or limestone. What is worse, all the carbon from the Arctic peat bogs is oxidizing and entering the atmosphere as well. This may in fact equal or exceed the carbon emissions from burning fossil fuels. This is not a "natural effect as many people would like to claim. It is the direct result of man-made global warming and is just one more example of how this thing is starting to snowball.