nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weather (Off topic)

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weather (Off topic)
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:08:25 -0700 (PDT)

I too have heard reports that some glaciers are growing. It may be true in small portions of Antarctica where it is now warm enough to allow snow. As far as global warming is concerned, this is evidence that it is progressing (actually faster, it turns out, than scientists previous worst-case scenarios.) If you want to know about the loss of glaciers, just look at Glacier National Park. There will probably be no more glaciers there in ten years. They are already down to about a dozen, and those are only small remnants of what they once were.
If you choose to stick your heads in the sand and refuse to believe in the mass of scientific evidence, fine. I only hope that you are in your Seventies. It might then be possible for you to reach the final rest before our chickens come home to roost.
If you honestly believe that human activity is not sufficient to overwhelm the Earth's natural resistance to change, you need simply look at the local changes brought about through agriculture in the past. The Aztecs, Maya, Babylonians, Greeks and Romans all changed their local environment. Those that survived now subsist on a subsoil ecology.
If you don't believe that 6,000,000,000 people all spewing massive amounts of waste into the air and water all the time can't change things . . .