nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weather

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weather
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:45:21 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry guys, but you seem to be confused about what global warming is and how it affects the weather. I blame the anti-global-warming petroleum conspiracy for confusing so many people about what's really going on. The truth is that virtually every reputable scientist on the planet has been in agreement about global warming for more than a decade.
The petro PACs turned up at a scientific convention once and got a whole bunch of random people to sign a statement that global warming was a myth. It turns out, most of the people who signed it were dentists or medical doctors or something along those lines, and most of them signed it after being misled about what it actually was.
Today, even the oil companies don't dispute the reality of global warming. Now they're trying to confound the public on another equally devastating secret. We have passed Hubbert's Peak for world oil production, and are heading into a period of severe fuel shortages and huge price increases. If you can't work out why they want this kept hushed up, well . . .