nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Weather

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Weather
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:47:08 -0400

No sign of global warming here either.
We haven't been below zero since last week, the forecast is for lows in the 20s this week, so I think we are done with below zero for this season.
Like you, we had considerable snow disappear when we were still getting below zero temperatures. On the one hand, I think we only got down to -30 one time this year which is unusually mild, but on the other hand, the number of days that went into the teens and twenties below zero made it seem like a cold winter.

Steve in the Adirondacks

Ernest Plutko wrote:
-6 F here last night. Cold winter this year. The snow shrank down
and I was afraid the tender raspberries I have bent to the ground and
covered with snow would be uncovered and freeze. A few patches of
grass appeared. But a foot of snow fell a few days ago and
everything is covered. Global warming has not come here yet but it
might.

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions. ----
to change other email options):