nafex - Re: [NAFEX] freezer burn

  • From: Kevin Moore <aleguy33@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] freezer burn
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

We keep fish, game meats, poultry and other animal products for years without freezer burn. A good vacuum sealer keeps any air away from the meats, so there is nowhere for the vapor to go. I don't know if that would work for scion wood, but it's so expensive that I wouldn't try it unless I were going to hold it for several years or the variety were rare enough to make it worthwhile.