nafex - Re: [NAFEX] frozen scion wood

  • From: Alexander Dragotin <a_dragotin@yahoo.de>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] frozen scion wood
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:42:40 +0000 (GMT)

I shouldn’t intervene in other’s talk, but I would tell my experience.

I am freesing my budwood since more than 15 years. I wrap the wood in moist paper (usually newspaper), put it in a plastick bag and friese it at ca. 25 Degree F/-4 Degree C.

Up to the late spring meintains the stored wood its excellent condition. I have made it with drupes, pipfruit, persimmon and every other kind of scion wood.

Alex