nafex - [NAFEX] frozen scion wood

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] frozen scion wood
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:46:58 -0400

Alex writes "I shouldn't intervene in other's talk, but I would tell my experience. I am
freesing my budwood since more than 15 years. I wrap the wood in moist paper
(usually newspaper), put it in a plastick bag and friese it at ca. 25 Degree
F/-4 Degree C."

Alex, please feel free to inject your experience.  It is only by sharing our experiences that we can sort out hearsay from fact if we lack data.  Your experience suggests that well rapped scion wood will not dry out when frozen which will be very useful to anyone considering throwing away bud wood that's been frozen.    Now maybe the gentleman who was considering  disposing of his wood will be able to put it to use. You've also satisfied my general curiosity and I await Lon's answer to this input.

Thank you.