nafex - Re: [NAFEX] birds & cherries, & buckthorns

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] birds & cherries, & buckthorns
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:27:40 -0700

Given the ability of the native R. purshiana to grow and spread here in Oregon, it's very easy to understand how a related species could be a weed elsewhere. Birds spread them readily and they are vigorous stump sprouters, so cutting them doesn't kill them. There is still some use of the bark, Cascara, famous as a laxative.
-Lon Rombough
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/