nafex - Re: [NAFEX] birds & cherries, & juneberries

  • From: "Kathryn Mathews" <kathmath@charterinternet.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] birds & cherries, & juneberries
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:43:35 -0500

Amelanchiers are a different story. I think birds prefer them to almost
anything else. I had noticed that I've had to weed out some volunteer
honeysuckle, but I haven't seen it on any list of invasive exotic species.
I have noticed a lot of honeysuckle out in the woods on hikes, etc. when I'm
out of town. I have no idea if it's tartarica or something else. The
flower is much paler than the varieties sold in nurseries and its form
appears to be more rounded. I would never have something like buckthorn or
purple loostrife in my garden, but I guess I'll be on the lookout for more
information before I rip out my 'Arnold Red'
Kathryn

This notice is required by IRS Circular 230, which regulates written
communications about federal tax matters between tax advisors and their
clients. To the extent the preceding correspondence and/or any attachment
is a written tax advice communication, it is not a full "covered opinion."
Accordingly, this advice is not intended and cannot be used for the purpose
of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS.